Monday, October 29, 2007

Kade!! Where is your tooth?!?!

Boy did we have some unexpected drama during dinner on Sunday night. We were at my parents eating and my mom looks at Kade to say something and she screams "Kade, where is your tooth?" We all jump up. I started looking at the food on his plate and nothing there, nothing on the floor, and nothing in his mouth. He swallowed his tooth!! I asked him if he bit into anything hard and his response was "I thought it was the crunchy part of the chicken." We were having chicken tenders. Here is a photo taking after everything had calmed down.

My mom helped him write a note to the tooth fairy since we did not have the tooth.
It reads in case you can not see it
Dear Tooth Fairy:
I lost my tooth today. I do not have my tooth. Please leave me a prize.
Kade

He was afraid of the idea of the tooth fairy coming into his room at night, but he finally went to sleep and here he is with the note on his bed so the tooth fairy could see it.

I also forgot to mention that this is the first tooth that Kade has lost.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

Awww what a sweet pic of him sleeping. So, what did the tooth fairy leave him?

Melanie said...

I love the post, but I am glad that I got a first hand replay of it on the phone earlier! What a big day! I can't believe that Kade is old enough to go to school and loose teeth! He's growing up way too fast!

Angela said...

Andrea, he got $5. My husband and I were debating on what he should get. I said $2 and he insisted on $5. This was our first tooth so we had no clue what the going rate for the tooth fairy is these days.

Anonymous said...

dang! the going rate for a lost tooth is 5 bucks nowadays?! Go, Kade!! :)

what a cute post, angela! i love his letter to the T. Fairy. :)

Melanie said...

$5!!! Wow you guys are setting the bar high. Lets see, how many teeth does one have??? Multiply that by 3.....Hummm,

Ha Ha! I bet I freaked you out, right Ang??

Anonymous said...

We'll I have already told Steve that maybe $5 for the first and then $1 for each addititonal. We have three kids and I am not letting the tooth fairy give out college money. :)

Caron said...

How precious! Five dollars is a far cry from the one dollar I got as a kid. Inflation...LOL!!!

At least you have a great story to go with his first lost tooth!

Heather said...

Dude, I got a quarter and Kat's always gotten a single silver dollar. $5 bucks rocks! Yeah for the first tooth, sorry he swallowed it, but I loved his letter.

Tara said...

That's too funny, "$5 for the first and $1 each additional." At least Kade got a nice chunk of change this time. Cute pic!

Chris said...

WOW...such a cute post. Too bad he swallowed the first one. I remember doing that once with popcorn. Love the letter idea though and the last picture!