Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Our trip to the Atlanta Dragway!

I will begin by saying that this was not my choice. Steve was given tickets at work and you know that you are obligated to use them. Steve was so excited about going. I was not looking foward to it at all because I do not know anything about drag racing. I would much rather watch Nascar and even that is a stretch. We meet another lucky couple, Randy and Wendi (Randy works with Steve) there who was also able to get an invite. Here is a picture from our seats and let me say we were close!! I could not believe all the people that were there.
Here we are enjoying our pit passes. Steve and Randy have almost forgetten that Wendi and I are along on the trip at this point. (By the way we are sitting at the table enjoying our water and snack). I have no idea what they are doing in this picture. Steve took about 20 shots of them working on this car.
And last but, not least are the two goofballs that wanted there picture made in front of the car. They were like kids in a candy store. It was actually kind of cute!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your opening line to this post! you are too funny, girl. i hear ya though. you are a good sport to indulge your husband. i would have had to drink a keg to get thru that. haha. :)
but the guys love the racing, don't they? great post!
oh, and i agree with you about Tessa winning the Bachelor. honestly, do you think her head is big or something? or her face? she's pretty, don't get me wrong. i was just wondering.....

Andrea said...

Boys and their toys ; )

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous....NOT!!! I got dragged to a Nascar race once upon a time and was surprised that I somewhat enjoyed it...until it started! Hee hee~! At least Steve had a good time now you have all the right in the world to drag him to an ultra girlie event!

Anonymous said...

Katie-Thanks. At first I thought that it was Tessa's hair and then the more that I looked at her I am thinking now that she just has a very round face. She is very pretty and I think the WINNER!!

Tara said...

Been to NASCAR a few times, but never a drag race. You're a good wife to go along.