Sunday, May 25, 2008

School is out for SUMMER!!!!

It is official....summer is here! The last two weeks have been crazy with the boys finishing up the school year. Luke actually got out on the 15th so I will start with his last day. They had a small carnival at the school. Pony rides, bounce house, and many other small centers for the kids to go crazy on. We started at the pony rides and you can see Luke is not happy about riding. He was ok once we got started but as soon as the pony stopped he wanted off. No time to snap a photo, but daddy tried to snap one anyway.

Luke, Kiley, and Olivia enjoying the rice table. Notice most of the rice has already been dumped on the ground. Luke was a little gentlemen and did not push the girls around at the table.

Then we moved over to the playground and this photo was just to cute not to include.

Luke thought that the slide was going to end somewhere else and he had the funniest look on his face when he came down.

Luke was lucky enough this year to have two great teachers. This is Luke with Ms Rita.

Here is my little guy with his favorite teacher. Anyone who knows Luke will probably be surprised when they see him in this photo. He does not warm up to people this easily, but Ms Candy won his heart. I guess this shows how much he has really grown over the last year.

Next, we will head over to Kade's Kindergarten class. I can not believe that I have a child that will be in the first grade in a few weeks. TIME FLIES!!! Kade's last week of school was a whirl wind!! He had field day, honors day, science centers, and a lula on the last day. These photos are from honors day. They presented all the kids with the awards that they earned throughout the year. Kade did great in Kindergarten. Here he is looking at me and Steve waiting on the ceremony to begin.

So they did the awards in order of your last name so he had to wait awhile. Finally it was his turn and he jumped up to see what he had earned. Here is Ms. Trampel presenting Kade with...
1. AR Reading award (he read 21 books this year)
2. Good behavior award which is a free dinner at CiCi's Pizza
3. Cubby Calculations which is completing 30 extra math worksheets outside of the classroom
4. Best story teller (he got the same thing in preschool....what the heck is he talking about at school
5. The Wiz Kid award! Ms. Trampel said that he could do anything they put in front of him with no problem.

He was so excited to get a medal for his Cubby Calculations!

Kade made lots of friends at school, but he made a special bond with Crouix. They have been best buds all year. All we hear about is Crouix.

I knew that Kade had a great teacher this year and apparently everyone else did too. She was awarded with Teacher of the Year! Here is the assistant principal presenting her with her awards. She did a great job and she really deserves it.

Summer is upon us and I am ready for a break.

Hope everyone has a happy and safe summer!

11 comments:

Chris said...

CONGRATS on the start to SUMMER! I'm so excited for my "summer break" to start. My last day of work is 7/9 and I'm scheduled for the C on 7/11.

Saw on Bethany's blog that you just celebrated a big anniversary....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Thanks for your well wishes to Mike. I updated today.

Have a great day Angela!

Andrea said...

I know I say this all of the time, but I swear Luke and David are long lost twins (as far as behavior/interests go). He is still a VERY shy kid and VERY clingy. I am really hoping the mother's morning out program I enrolled him in this fall will help out with his social skills.

Yay for Summer! Bring on the pool paries and BBQ's!

Anonymous said...

And to think that I was the first one to teach Kade that he was a genius!!! I love that pic of Luke. I am so happy that he did so well in school this year!! What BIG boys!!!!

Hope that you are having a great holiday weekend!!!

Heather said...

What a great way to wrap up the school year for both boys! I hope they have an equally great summer.

Tara said...

Happy Summer to you and your kids! I hope you are having a good week so far!

MBKimmy said...

ANGELA - I have a update for you from Chris ... I need your e-mail if you can please e-mail me at Steelmaid@gmail.com

The Partins said...

Congrats to Kade's awards! I hope you all have a fun summer!

Anonymous said...

I hope you all have a great summer, Angela! Great pictures!

MBKimmy said...

You okay? Where you been?!

Joshua said...

I can't wait to get Olivia in Pre-K this fall. I love hearing that Luke did so well. It eases my spirits. And Kade is such a little MAN. He doesn't even look like the same little boy anymore!!! Hope you guys had a fun time at the game on Saturday.

Bethany said...

Beat you to an update!! Now it's your turn. Thanks for the party Friday Night. We had fun!!! Hope you're having fun at your bro's house!