Sunday, March 9, 2008

Walt Disney World

Day 1
Hello everyone! Miss me!! We are back from our trip to Disney World. It was awesome. We had so much fun and the weather was great. Did I mention sunny and 75 when we arrived!?!?We left around 5am on Wednesday, March 5th. Kade started asking in the car around Turner field "Are we almost there yet?". We'll after many stops to eat, potty breaks, diaper changes, and gas (why can things not be timed to happen together) we finally arrived at Disney around 3pm. We stayed at the All-Star Movie Resort inside the Walt Disney World Resort. It was very nice. We stayed in the Toy Story building which was decorated like I am sure you have guessed...Toy Story. They had HUGE character statues in the play areas around the hotel. After checking into our room, we headed out to Downtown Disney to check out all the action there. Downtown Disney is a area with shops, clubs, shows, rides, and restaurants. It was alot of fun.
Of course there are photo opportunities all over the place and I think we snapped a photo at about 90% of them.
Here the guys are playing around on this Winnie the Pooh prop. Can you say "Where is Mickey?"



We just made our way around the place and went into the shops and did some of the rides.
Here is my mom, Kade, and Luke on the carousel.

Next is myself and Alex taking a spin. I got on the one that rocked instead of the up and down and she wanted that horse to rock. If I stopped rocking she would throw her head back into to chest to try to get the thing moving. What was I thinking???


Here we are on the train. You can barely see Kade's shirt on the right side of the photo. Not sure what Steve was doing here.


Kade insisted on having his photo made with the Buzz. Little did he know the real Buzz was coming soon!!!



Luke finally got to see Mickey Mouse....or so he thought.


This photo just melts my heart. Alex looked so cute in her Minnie ears.


We'll that is it for Day 1. We ate dinner at Planet Hollywood and then went to bed. We knew we had alot to do on Thursday. Check back soon! I am going to try to post the trips by days so I will not be up forever trying to get some good photos on.

Have a Magical week!!

8 comments:

Tara said...

I love the Minnie ears on Alex. That is so cute! Glad you all had a great trip. I can't wait to see more pictures.

Anonymous said...

I CAN NOT wait to see Kade with the "real" Buzz Lightyear!!! I am so glad that you guys had such a good time....although everyone has a good time at The Magical Kingdom!! Can't wait to see the rest of the pics. I MISS YOU!!!

Chris said...

I forgot that trip was this month! Love that pic of all the kids with the Pooh Prop. Oh and Alex looks ADORABLE in her Minnie Ears!!! Can't wait to see more! Glad you had a great trip!

Heather said...

If these are the first day, I can't wait to see what's yet to come.

Andrea said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun. That is great your mom was able to come to help y'all out and enjoy some fun times with her grandchildren. I look forward to more pics of the rest of your trip!

The Partins said...

Glad you had such a fun time!!! Can't wait to see more!

MBKimmy said...

oh those mini ears melt my heart too! How adorable! I can't wait to see Buzz in large style!
What ages are your kids again - just trying to see where mine would be in that age group!

Anonymous said...

Kimmy Here are the ages.
Kade-6yr
Luke-2yr BD Sept 05
Alex-1yr BD Nov 06