Thursday, February 21, 2008

Not So Extreme Home Makeover Edition

Here are the photos of the kiddos new rooms. I know that you have been sitting on the edge of your seat waiting on these photos. I will start with the boys room. The boys are sharing a room now and so far it has gone well. We got them bunk beds which I think is every kids dream. We repainted the walls and got new bed spreads. I still have to hang pictures in their rooms. Also you may notice Alex in a couple of these.





Alex's room was quite different from the boys. She actually got a brighter color on the wall and I will say that when we finished I was completely stressed out about the color. I like it a lot better since we added some furniture and photos to kind of tone all the color down. She loves sleeping in her own room. Since we only have three bedrooms upstairs her crib had been in our room. I knew it was time to go when we would roll over in bed and she would wake up. Plus, we wanted to keep Luke in his crib as long as possible.






We have all adjusted well to the switch-a-roo going on over the last year. We have recently finished our basement and then moving the kids around has kept us very busy. I am already thinking about what my next project will be. Am I crazy or what???

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love their new rooms! However, I think that since your basement now looks better than my house you should volunteer your service my way!!! Top of the list.... a room with a TV that spans the whole friggin' wall!!! No one believes me.....

Andrea said...

I love the boys matching quilts and their furniture too for that matter.

David had the same crib as Alex (it is now in Wesley's room). Where did you get the matching dresser? Target?

Anonymous said...

wow! it all looks awesome, girl! you did a great job. and the bunk bed is really cool. love it all.

MBKimmy said...

love the bunk beds - we found a set at a yard sale and we got them even though it will be a LONG time until we can use them but you know what ever!
Good Job - maybe you can come to the beach and help me with our new/fixxer upper! haha

Anonymous said...

Great job with the rooms. Glad to hear that everyone is adjusting well.

Tara said...

I love those quilts, very nice. You did a great job. I wish I could get motivated to clean and rearrange our house so we can sell it.

Anonymous said...

Andrea-We actually bought that crib and dresser 6 years ago before Kade was born and we have passed it down with each child. We got it at Babies R Us.

Chris said...

Hey, I'm late here but love the new rooms. I personally LOVE the colors in Alex's room. Very girly! I can't wait to do before and after shots of Lindsay's new room. Those bunk beds are very nice looking too! I bet the boys are LOVING them!

Anonymous said...

girl- i read your comment on chris's blog about a blogger's dinner! what a fabulous idea! how about it?

me, you, mel, beth, caron, chris, tara, andrea.....i say we set it up! whatcha think? i promise not to freak anyone's freak! i'll be on my bestest behavior. ;)

let me know!

Heather said...

Their rooms are great! Want to come redo my kitchen? :)

The Partins said...

The rooms look great! LOVE the bunkbeds. Awesome furniture and her room is so girly cute!

Bethany said...

Love the new rooms. Mel was telling me about them, but they are even cuter than I imagined. Have fun in Disney!

Caron said...

Hey... I know I am tardy to comment... but I love the rooms!! Allie actually has the EXACT same bed! She only has the twin size though. I think we're going to pass it on to Wyatt in a fey years and get her something more girly. It's was the same color as our crib, so when we needed it for Wyatt we wanted to get a bed that matched her room already. I love it! And Miss Alex's room is precious! Gotta love pink... Allie would kill for it!

MBKimmy said...

Party of 5 you okay?! You been missing in action for a while now - hope things are okay!

Anonymous said...

Select the stylish home furniture bangalore at theurbandecor.com. You'll find the best designs suitable for your home & also Dining Room Furniture India. Some of the best designs you will find online.