Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Magic Kingdom

Day 2

We'll it is day 2 and we were ready to get out and see Disney World. We went through the gate at the Magic Kingdom around 8:30 am on Thursday morning. I was another beautiful day. Sunny and warm. We started off by taking a few photos in front of the castle because who goes to Disney and does not have their photo made by the castle?

My parents
Characters
As we walked through the park we saw some of the characters and had to get an autograph. Here was our first character, Pluto!
Mickey and his friends were back in Mickey's Toon fair and we had to walk through Mickey's house and into his barn to see him. Luke loves Mickey Mouse. He could not take his eyes off of him. He stood their staring for a long time.

Minnie Mouse lives next door to Mickey and we also had to walk through her house to meet her. Can you believe more people were in line to see Minnie than Mickey. Alex loved Minnie Mouse. She would grab her nose and squeal. Minnie and Alex had a great time playing together.

Next was Donald and boy was he a hit. As you can see Alex is all over his head. Poor Donald. The kids really loved getting there autographs and photos.

Last, but not least was Goofy. Alex was trying to get him to chase her. As you can tell in the photo she was making a run for it.


Rides
There were so many rides I just posted photos from a few of our favorites. The wait time in the lines were not bad. The longest we had to wait was less then 10 minutes. It was awesome. Most of the rides we walked up and got right on.
Here is my mom and Luke on the Buzz Lightyear ride.


Kade and Daddy on the Buzz ride. As you can tell they were really into this ride. You were able to shot your lasers to help Buzz defeat the Emperor Zurig (sp)? It gave you a score at the end of your ride. Can you tell they mean business?


My dad, mom, and Alex racing cars.


This was Alex's favorite ride. She would squeal so loud on the Dumbo ride. She really liked going up and down.

The Goofy roller coaster was Kade's favorite ride. I think he rode about 20 times, but with no wait times it was worth it. We could get off and walk back around and get right back on. Luke was also tall enough to ride, which I was surprised about but he like it too. Here you can see Kade and I riding and Steve and Luke are behind us.

Alex fell asleep waiting on everyone to ride the roller coaster so we headed over the to the train so she could get some ZZZ's.


We also did the Mickey 3D show. Luke was not sure about wearing his glasses, but he sure looked cute with them on.


Kade and Daddy also looking cute in their glasses.



We noticed when we came out of the show that it had rained just enough to get everything wet, but the rain was over at least for now! It cooled down alittle after the rain so jackets were back on for the Magic Carpet ride.




This photo was taken as we waited in line to ride the Astro launcher. It went really fast and again I was surprised there was no height limit for the ride. I love Alex in her Minnie Mouse dress.


Dinner with Mickey
On Thursday night we got reservations to have dinner with Mickey and some of his pals. It was lots of fun. They just made their way around the restaurant greeting everyone and taking photos.
Here is our turn with Mickey. You can see that Alex is to busy to look at the camera for a photo because she is trying to give Mickey a kiss!!! Poor Luke kept looking at his big feet.





Finally Mickey looked and a kiss was granted by our princess!






Minnie also stopped by.


Donald and my dad pose for a photo.





We'll after dinner we had a little adventure getting back to our room. We were supposed to catch the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom and then catch a bus back to our room. We'll after we got on the monorail we sat there about 30 minutes as they were having technical difficulties. We'll when we finally got moving it was raining really hard. We got soaked as we ran from the monorail station to the bus stop. (I guess that is price you pay using the Disney free transportation. We did not move our car from the moment we came in until we left). It was still a great day and if it meant having that much fun again I would do it.
Out of the blue Luke asked where Daisy was. He actually remembered that we had not seen Daisy yet. You will have to check back to see if Luke finally got to see Daisy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am just in love with your pictures. I am so glad that you guys had such a great time. And I LOVE that all of the kids enjoyed the characters as much as I had hoped that they would. This will be a trip that you remember FOREVER!!!

MBKimmy said...

Love all the pictures! What a great trip can't wait to see more!

Tara said...

I love Alex's Minnie dress and she is so cute kissing Mickey. I love all of the pictures. I can't wait to go back to Disney.

Heather said...

I love Alex's antics with the characters - it's great that she wasn't afraid. The pictures are wonderful, I can't wait to see the rest.

Chris said...

I agree with Heather...I can't believe Alex wasn't afraid. We avoided characters up close on our last trip. Love her Minnie dress and I want to know what day of the week and what time were you there that there were no waits??? AWESOME!! Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

Oh, i wanna go to Disney World so bad now!! You're pictures are awesome. I have thoroughly enjoyed these 2 posts. I haven't been back to the happiest place on earth in 15 years. I can't wait to take my Joe!

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Andrea said...

I haven't been to the happiest place on earth...EVER! Okay that is the last time I'll say that...I'm not bitter, I promise ; )

Seriously I never knew what I was missing until I saw these photos. I really, really, really want to go now. Guess I probably need to wait a few years for Wesley to be old enough to enjoy it *sigh*.