Monday, June 11, 2007

Vacation Bible School

Last week our church held our annual vacation bible school and the theme was Avalanche Ranch. The kids had a blast, but it was also very tiring. We had 20 kids in the preschool class and lucky me was the assistant in the class all week. I should not complain because it really was a blessing to see the kids learn about God.
Luke takes a while to warm up to people and this week was a very overwhelming experience for him. He is not used to being around that many people. ( He stays at home with me during the day). Here is a photo of him entering his room and as you can see he has already started crying.
But by the end of the week he really started to warm up to all the people and the other crying kids. Here are some of the kids outside during games and as you can see he is not crying.
Kade on the other hand had a great week. He learned so much. Whenever someone said the bible point of the day like... "God is strong or God is courageous" you are supposed to scream WAHOO!! I have heard that all week. Here is Kade during his game time.
This photo was made during crafts. Every time I would take his picture he would make his cheese face. What can I say he loves the camera.

Hope everyone has a great week. Sorry for the long time between posts. I have some more things to post so maybe in a few days I will be back on.


WAHOOO!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i, for one, love the "woohooo"!! hehe. cute pictures! looks like a fun time!

Anonymous said...

I am glad that Luke finally warmed up to VBS! Imagine if you took him every week of the summer almost like we used to go! Glad everyone had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your VBS was a success. We had ours last week as well and we had 8 2-year olds in our class so I can feel your pain.

Andrea said...

David does the same thing about taking awhile to warm up. He literally clings to me and will not let go until he decides everything is okay. The list of people who have made him cry by talking to him/touching him right away is too long to count...knock on wood I think we have turned the corner on his shyness-he has been brave lately.

Andrea said...

(sorry hit enter before I was finished) here's hoping Luke's shy phase is over soon!

Anonymous said...

Andrea-Luke also had few months were he almost seemed like a daredevil and now we are back to clingy. It has gotten really bad this week. I get up and he walks over and takes my hand and walks whereever I go. It is cute, sweet, and annoying all at the same time.

Tara said...

Glad VBS went well. I hope Luke opens up soon for you. Great pictures!