Saturday, January 26, 2008

Sleepover and Snow!!

Sleepover
Last Friday night Kade had a sleepover for his 6th birthday. So instead of a big family party he invited two friends over and the night went very well. I was told by the birthday boy that he wanted a Cars cake with chocolate icing. Let me just warn you that Publix has restrictions on decorating unless it has white icing. I went around and around with the girl on the phone to get this cake. So finally I said fine don't put the Cars stuff on there, give it to me and I will do it myself. That is exactly what happened....so in the end what is the difference it is what he asked for. Here the finished product and I do not think it looks bad.
I think that Kade was happy with how the cake turned out. All he cared about was Cars and chocolate.
I had to put this photo in of Alex. This was taken right after the candles were lit. She loved it.

Here are the guys being hams for the camera. Steve said that I had given them to much caffeine.

They were well behaved boys. For most of the night they played WII. Poor Luke was just a little small, but he still managed to squeeze in.

My parents, my brother, and Steve and I went into together and got Kade a Nintendo Ds and some games for his birthday. He loves it, but I think Luke would like one to. As you can see he has managed to sneak off with the game and get comfy on the couch. Steve found him and took a couple of shots.




Happy 6th Birthday Kade

We love you!!

Snow

I was very excited about the snow. Luke and Alex have never experienced snow before so this was quite a special treat for them.

I took this shot of Kade right after Steve hit him with a snow ball. Look closely at his ear on the left and you can still see some of the snowball.


I thought this was a great photo. He looks like he is skiing.


Steve throwing snow balls at anyone who was in his range.

Luke does not like to be cold so he was not sure of the snow at first, but then he warmed up and really enjoyed it. All during Christmas he was nuts of snowmen so he was so excited to be able to make one of his own. You have to look closely here because we made a small one. I barely got this picture made before he smashed it.

All smiles!!

I had to put this in. Luke was telling me to look at Alex. She was almost half way across the field. He made sure that I knew that she was getting away.


Alex really loved the snow. She just walked around looking at her feet. She was not able to really play in it because I had so many clothes on her. Her top layer of pants were soaked so we went in because I thought she might be cold and her body was not even cold. Kids...they are resilient.

Making her way away from everyone again!!!

I love this close up of her.


We'll thanks for checking in. Maybe I will be able to keep up this week.

Have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Chris said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KADE! A snow bday, I can't think of anything better. Glad you liked the Disney pics. You can use them as amo to show your kids this is where they're going in March....they better behave. LOL!
I can't wait to see your pics...you guys will have a blast!

Andrea said...

Thanks for warning me about Publix and their icing rules. That's plain crazy. Glad you were smart enough to ask for the decorations yourself! The sleepover looked like fun-too cute that Luke wanted to join in with big bro and friends! The snow pics are great too!

Heather said...

I love the Cars cake. Good job, Mom. Your snow pictures are great.

Anonymous said...

I can't even say which pic is my favorite.....I LOVE them all!!! The ones of Luke with Kade's game are adorable. And I love the one of Kade that looks like he is skiing(it really shows how tall he is now!!!) and the close-up of Alex. She really is quite the little princess!!!

Now I will patiently wait for the Extreme Room Makeover Edition blog.....

Anonymous said...

what the frick is the deal with Publix? that is crazy, man!! i think you did a GREAT job with the cake. you got some great shots of the snow too. alex is too darn cute!! :)

hope you're having a great weekend!

Tara said...

You did a fantastic job with the cake. I love the snow pics! Why is it your kids have a Wii and I can't get my hands on one! :) I want one so bad but I'll just have to be patient.