Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Luke's 1st Day of Preschool

Last Thursday was Luke's first day of school. I was very worried about how he was going to do because he is not that outgoing and trusting of others. He goes from 9-12:45 on Tuesday and Thursday. We pulled up and instead of parents walking the kids in the teachers take them out of the car and inside the preschool. Luke was screaming when his teacher started taking him out of his car seat. I was thinking that maybe I had made a mistake and we should just go home, but I remembered what his doctor said and so I pulled away wondering if I would be back in a few hours to pick him up. He made it through the day and the teacher said he was great. He cried for about 15 minutes and by the end of the day had warmed up to both teachers and the kids in the class. They said he loved playing with the kitchen set. Here is a photo of Luke while we were waiting in the car line. This was before he knew what was about to happen. As you can see he had to hold his lunch box.

Way to go Luke you are such a big boy!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of Lukie.....and of you!!! Go Luke & Mommy, you both survived. I know how hard it was for you to leave him. Just think what a big step this is for your little Mama's Boy! He is just so darn cute!

Andrea said...

He sounds just like David...oh how I dread our first day of school-its not going to be pretty.

Heather said...

He looks so happy with his lunch box. I'm glad he had a first day and way to go mom for letting him go.

Anonymous said...

yah for luke! he's gonna do great. adorable picture of him!

Tara said...

Congrats to Luke! Hope school is a lot of fun.

Chris said...

Great job (MOM & LUKE)!! I can't imagine how hard that was. I PICK UP! I'll continue to PICK UP for as long as I can! I love my husband for being able to DROP OFF!
LOL!!