Saturday, February 24, 2007

Beth Moore Rocks!!

Beth Moore and Travis Cottrell rocked the sanctuary today during the simulcast of "Straight Talk about God's Deliverance". Beth M. talked about how things happen and can change our lives instantly or slowly over the course of time without us realizing it until we have slipped into a pit of despair. She wants us to "Get out of that Pit" and look to God for guidance and start living for the Lord.

Melanie, Bethany P, and myself had a great time listening to Travis's music and Beth inspiring message. We also got to have lunch and dinner out (which was a nice break from the usual). If you do not know about Beth and are interested please check under my blog buddies and go to Living Proof Ministries to learn more or check out her website www.lproof.org (which is a ministry that she founded to teach women how to trust on God's word).
Beth ended her session with this bible verse so I thought it would be fitting to end my post this way:
Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, ye righteous:and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
Psalms 32:11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i checked out that website- Beth is really great and her message is just awesome. i think i may order it. i feel so unconnected to God a lot of times. I was raised Catholic and go to mass on Sundays but i don't really feel apart of it all. this book and beth's message sounds like something that could really help me.

Melanie said...

It did ROCK! I am so glad that you enjoyed it. I can't wait to listen to my Travis Cottrell CD that I got. All in all a wonderful day with you and Bethie. A good WORD, good friends, good food....ya just can't beat that!

Anonymous said...

Katie
I would be very suprised if you did not like the book and the message. The first time I saw her was at Melanie's church for a womens bible study and she completely blew me away. She is awesome. I hope you like it.