Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Kade's Thanksgiving Lunch

It was Kade's turn to host a Thanksgiving Lunch at school. Steve and I arrived to find all the kids in there Indian gear. They all picked out a Indian name that was written on the back of their costumes. Kade's name was Fast Indian. I finally figured out why he wanted to be called Fast Indian!!! Here he is at at his assigned table for lunch. We dined with Taylor (left), Emma (top left), Amber (right), and their parents. It was nice getting to meet some of the other parents.

So the teachers wanted to know about Thanksgiving traditions at each house so they asked all the kids to tell how their parents will cook a turkey on Thanksgiving. Let me just say for the record I have never cooked a turkey so I am not sure where he got this.
Kade also had to make a turkey one night for homework. They gave us a template and we had to decorate it with things around the house. We decided to go all wilderness and we used leaves, nuts, sticks, and pines cones for ours. (A couple of leaves fell off the turkey).
I present to you our Turkey!!!


This next shot is for you Katie. The wall of Turkeys. I must say that some parents really got into this. I had to laugh because one was decorated with Halloween candy. Check out the one in the middle...I think they made up there own template. They were all cute.


Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh.my.gosh. that Wall of Turkeys is making me sweat with envy! what a fabulous idea!! Y'alls turkey is awesome. I like what you did with it. The craftiness in me wants to do my own now!

Love Kade's thanksgiving recipe for cooking a turkey! and the stuff y'all eat sounds yummy! and the soccer after dinner sounds fun too.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Angela!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable!!! What can I say that boy has always had an active imagination! You guys did a great job on his turkey, it looks FAB!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your whole family, Ang!

ps....can I just say Kade at the table with 3 girls....little Ladies Man!

Andrea said...

I think y'all turkey is the best looking one of the bunch! Seriously. Nice work. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Heather said...

Very nice. I love your turkey. It seems to be a popular project - one of the secretaries at work had to do one last week too.

Heather said...

Very nice. I love your turkey. It seems to be a popular project - one of the secretaries at work had to do one last week too.

Chris said...

That is an AWESOME turkey! Pretty cool WALL...I know Katie is taking notes!

The recipe had me cracking up!!! It's so funny what they come up with!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.